Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Positive Adaptation

(About the Allegory)
The chronology presented here in the stories related to The Awakening are allegory in the finest sense. As author, I get to understand and enjoy them on levels not likely translatable to my readers. The experiences you read about in the allegory are real to me in another realm--absolutely real. I must tell you also that they correlate directly to events unfolding in my life from day to day.


Perhaps it's just the interplay between mind and spirit. That's a tidy way of putting it. Of this I'm sure: it has taken me years to get to this point, both in the allegory and in the freedom to report what I see in it. I write from no outline. I don't pre-think and plan what I'm going to bring next. I just write, but I write with a confidence and faith that if I enter into the dream of the allegory, I will come out with substance.

I'm experiencing something marvelous and incredible from all this. I'm seeing manifestation in my waking life, my daily existance, of the discoveries I experience in the allegory.

Here's part of my notes from pondering all this, written from my private journal: January 30th "Positive Adaptation considers everything that worry dwells on, but does not dwell in the cycle of worry. Instead, positive adaptation dwells in the cycle of possibility. It is free from the chains of doubt that worry is bound by. Holding Joy in my heart and mind, swinging the imaginary sword of joy in the midst of confrontation helps me identify the spirits of doubt, worry, disillusionment and so on and drive them off. I meet the moment instead with faith that I will find the way through the problem."

The results in my life, of this kind of pondering coupled with the imagery of the allegory, are nothing less than dynamic.

No comments: