Tuesday, June 26, 2007

His Good Purpose


It's for His good purpose that eagles are raised up.

Only days after I took this photograph a strong wind flew across North Idaho, an uncommonly strong wind. A thunder cloud nearly as big as Rhode Island pushed its way across the Panhandle and left dead trees and destruction from south of Coeur d'Alene to the Canadian border. Average wind speed was over 50 mph with gusts up to 70 and possibly more in places.

And it was sudden.

It came across the landscape like a freight train. Below is a picture taken from my front porch only a minute or so after the first powerful breath hit us.

Sadly, this eagle's nest was destroyed. The adults survived, but as near as we could tell, the chicks did not.

It's like that in life, I think, in human life. Who chooses who dies and who lives at any given time? Death always seems unreasonable, unfair. But is it? Who are we to say? God is the creator.


Do you believe in Satan, the God of this World, according to the bible? I do. God, the Creator Most High, gave him certain leeway and lattitude here for whatever reasons divine or otherwise. He is the ruler of death. But Jesus Christ, the lamb of God, overcame the power of Satan. If you've been touched by Him (the Christ) then you know what I mean. If not, then you probably don't care and have clicked on.

The two eagle chicks in the right of the nest above weren't the only birds killed that day. Look at the wind in the second picture! But many survived as well. It's for His good purpose that eagles are raised up. Are you an eagle in spirit? Do you have the drive and the fortitude to face life as an eagle faces life? with eyes that see far and wings adept?

I am. I hope to God I am and I wish to soar with what He's given me.
### Dwayne K. Parsons

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Indeed! May you continue to soar! Love the site. This is Shelly from momentsinmeditaion.wordpress.com where you left me a comment a while ago. I just wanted to say hello and return the favor. Thank you so much for your encouragement! I pray that you continue to manifest all the potential our Lord has placed in you.